Health insurance depends on the different needs of people and their family size and age. So keeping the requirements of customers in mind, the health insurance and medical-claim policy are categorized into 4 different plans.
- Best Family Floater Health Insurance Plans in India
- Best Health Insurance in India for Individual
- Top Up/Super Top Up Health Insurance Policy
- Best Health Insurance Plan for Parents (Senior Citizen)
For applying for any policy or health insurance the customer must focus on important factors that need to be considered before buying the best health insurance policy in India.
- Claim Settlement Ratio: It is the ratio of the total number of claims settled by the insurance company with the total number of claims received at the same time.
- Incurred Claim Ratio (ICR): It is the ratio of the total amount of all claims received by a company to the total premiums collected at the same time.
- Network Hospitals: An insurer should have a good number of hospitals in its network. Network hospitals Must include nursing homes, day-care centres, and multi-speciality hospitals.
- Waiting Period for Pre-existing Illnesses: A longer waiting period for pre-existing illnesses can mean that you cannot claim hospitalization
- Cost of Premiums: The premiums vary according to insurers, the benefits is important that customer are going to get for the premium they pay.
Now there are many insurance plans available in India, some of the best health insurance plans are listed below:
Care Health Insurance
Care Health Insurance is among the best health insurance in India which provides coverage for health insurance, critical illness, personal accident, top-up coverage, international travel insurance, and maternity along with group health insurance. The claim settlement ratio of Care health insurance is 92.3% and has over 4900 hospitals in its network.
Tata AIG Health InsuranceTata AIG Insurance is a 20-year-old joint venture between Tata & AIG Group that carries a AAA rating for the ability to pay claims and policyholder obligations promptly. The company has access to 5800+ network hospitals.
Max Bupa Health Insurance
Max Bupa insurance provides coverage for several illnesses, access to hospital networks and cashless claims. The claim settlement ratio of Max Bupa is 91.2% and a high ICR of 51.96%. Max Bupa has over 5000+ hospitals in its network.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
ICICI Lombard has a network of 6500+ hospitals to avail cashless facilities. According to IRDA, it is settled approx 98.32% of the claims received. Have a high ICR of 80.38% indicates that the customer is renewing the policy and also making claims.
Star Health Insurance
Star Health Insurance company offers a wide range of health insurance policies for individuals, families, senior citizens and customers who require specialized care like heart patients and cancer patients.
Star has a claims settlement percentage of 98.72% and ICR of 60.51% with a whopping 9900+ hospitals are on its network.
Tata AIG Insurance
Tata AIG carries an AAA rating by ICRA for their ability to pay claims and policyholder obligations in a lesser time. Tata AIG Medicare is a having “Health Insurance” plan initially offered for 1,2 or 3 years. Customer can avail of a long-term premium discount of 5% and 10% for the policy with a tenure of 2 and 3 years. Moreover, the policy covers medical expenses incurred outside India. However, the initial diagnosis should be done in India.
Tata AIG Medicare health plans are available in three variants – Medicare, Medicare Protect and Medicare Premier.
- Medicare Protect – The Medicare protect plan covers the basic pre and post hospitalization expenses, range up to Rs. 5 Lakhs.
- Medicare – The sum insured ranges from Rs. 3 Lakhs to Rs. 20 Lakhs.
- Medicare Premier– The sum insured ranges from Rs. 5 Lakhs to Rs. 50 Lakhs.
Max Bupa Heartbeat Family Floater Health Insurance Plan
Heartbeat family is the best health insurance and best-suited to a family’s needs with international emergency coverage. There are 3 variants in this plan – Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
- Silver variant – It is a basic health insurance plan which covers patient care, pre and posts hospitalization expenses and daycare procedures. It also provides maternity benefits for 2 kids and covers the newborn baby also.
- Gold variant – The Gold plan covers up to Rs. 50 Lakhs and has all features of the Silver plan. Customers also have maternity benefits covered up to Rs. 1 Lakh.
- Platinum variant – It provides insurance coverage up to Rs. 1 crore and all features of the Gold plan with additional features are given below:
- Emergency medical evacuation & hospitalization facility.
- It Covers international treatment for specified illnesses like cancer.
- Charges for OPD treatment and diagnostic services if required.
- Second medical opinion.
- Vaccination expenses for children up to the age of 12 years.
- Higher maternity benefit coverage of up to Rs. 2 Lakh.
Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Family Floater Plan
Health guard is a family floater policy offers by Bajaj Allianz. The Sum Insured under the floater policy can be used to fulfil the hospitalization or other permitted expenses for any of the insured members under the policy. The best part of this policy is that the common surgeries that are carried out for aged people such as hernia, piles, cataract and sinusitis are covered after a waiting period of 2 years.
Health guard family floater has 3 variants:
- Silver plan with the option to have a sum insured up to Rs. 2 Lakh
- Gold plan where you can have a sum insured up to Rs. 50 Lakh
- Platinum plan with the sum insured up to Rs. 1 crore
HDFC ERGO My: Health Suraksha Plan
Customer can get covers such as Air ambulance cover, infertility cover along with other benefits with My: Health Suraksha insurance plan that is normally not covered by other insurers.
There are 3 variants of my: Health Suraksha plan – Silver Smart, Gold Smart and Platinum Smart Plans.
- Silver Smart Plan – Sum insured up to Rs. 5 Lakhs covering basic hospitalization expenses, daycare procedures and domiciliary hospitalization expenses.
- Gold Smart Plan – Include basic sum insured up to Rs. 50 Lakhs with air ambulance cover and higher road ambulance limit.
- Platinum Smart Plan – Include basic sum insured up to Rs. 75 Lakhs with a cover similar to the Gold Smart plan but with a higher limit.
HDFC Ergo Optima Restore Health Plan
Optima Restore health plan was launched by Apollo Munich health insurance. Post take over of Apollo Munich health insurance HDFC Ergo renamed the plan.
Customers can benefit from having a 100% cover restored instantly after the first claim. The benefit will restore the amount equal to your base sum insured on both partial & complete utilization. The restoration can be avail once in every policy year for a lifetime. HDFC Ergo Optima Restore offers an individual plan with cover up to Rs. 50 Lakh with affordable premium rates with over 10,000+ network hospitals for cashless treatment.
All these insurance listed here is the best health insurance plans among all. people can choose as per their requirements and affordability.