The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) was launched via video conference on May 1, 2016, by PM Modi from UP’s Ballia. According to Ujjwala scheme 2.0, Uttar Pradesh’s Mahoba will receive liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cylinder connections.
About pradhan mantri ujjwala yojana
The scheme was introduced by the Union petroleum ministry, which focuses on making available cooking fuel such as LPG to rural households.
The scheme target was to provide LPG connections to 50 million women from the below poverty line (BPL) households, by March 2020.
As per the report, in August 2018, women from seven other categories also got involved in this scheme these categories are SC/ST, those who are registered in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), those who belong in Antyoday Anna Yojana (AAY), forest dwellers, most backward classes, those who have tea gardens and Islands.
The motive of the scheme was later updated to 80 million LPG connections. This was achieved in August 2019, seven months ahead of the March 2020 deadline. As of July 30, 2021, the number of connections provided under the scheme stood at 79,995,022. Such a great number.
In Ujjwala 2.0, an additional 10 million LPG connections will be provided to the beneficiaries. The details for these additional connections was announced in the Union Budget for the financial year 2021-22.
In the second phase, one Feature introduced that the person who is availing the scheme need not pay anything for the first refill, as well as the hotplate.
Moreover, the enrollment process will be much easier as it requires minimum documentation.
The Ujjwala-2 scheme will be marked by introducing one crore additional LPG connection
Process for enrollment:
The enrollment procedure for PMUY Ujjwala 2.0 is very easy and hassle-free and also requires minimal documentation. Also, migrants need not be required to submit ration cards or address proof to get the scheme benefit. They just need to submit self-declaration for both ‘family declaration’ and as a ‘proof of address.
Eligibility criteria for the scheme:
- The applicant must be a woman.
- The age of the woman should be more than 18 years.
- Women Must belong to a BPL family.
- She should have a BPL card and a ration card.
- There should not be LPG Connection in the name of any family member of the applicant.
Applying Online or Offline:
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana application can be filled through the offline mode in which the applicant has to fill and submit the application form at the nearest LPG distribution agency. And in the online mode, the applicant can go to the official website pmujjwalayojana.com and download the form and the applicant has to submit this form at the nearest LPG centre.
How is Ujjwala-2 different from Ujjwala-1?
- Ujjwala-2 is the updated second version of Ujjwala-1 which provides free LPG connections to 8 crore women who belong to specified categories.
- It has a deposit-free LPG connection also Ujjwala-2 will provide the first refill and a hotplate free of cost to all the scheme holders.
- The enrolment procedure under the second edition of the scheme has been made easy. Minimum paperwork will be required for enrollments.
- At the bottom line Ujjawala-2 scheme, comes with various advantages and some great features and its eligibility criteria and enrollment process got too easy and the eligible category can easily enrol in this scheme.
Frequently asked questions
Que-1: Which documents are mandatory to register for Ujjwala 2.0?
- KYC as per the standard format and photograph of the applicant and with their signature.
- POI (Proof of Identity)
- POA (Proof of Address)
- Aadhaar copy of Applicant
- Aadhaar card copy of all adult family members.
- Bank account details of the applicant.
- Ration card or any other family document issued by State Govt. /District administration.
- Self-declaration as per Annexure-I
Que-2 is pre-installation inspection necessary?
Yes. Before any release of a PMUY connection, pre-installation Inspection will be carried out at Applicant’s Premise as per given instructions. The same will be authenticated through OMC’s Mobile app through OTP verification using the customer’s mobile number or through physical Inspection format signed by the customer and the distributor.