PMJAY is also known as Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme, is the health insurance scheme offered by the Government of India. This scheme serves many health-related benefits to the weaker section of society. The scheme extends security during the treatment or due to any medical emergencies.
This article is a complete guide to Ayushman Bharat Yojna, eligibility, coverage, features, benefits, and the registration process.
What is Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme?
The PMJAY came into the picture in 2018 to provide financial support to the poor section of society. The coverage amount of this scheme is a maximum of Rs 5 lakhs. This government scheme covers treatment costs, medicines, routine check-ups, and pre & post hospitals charges. In fact, the scheme also allows cashless services with the PMJAY e-card that you can access at any government hospital across the country. The insured person can get the treatment by simply showing their PMJAY e-card.
What is covered and not covered under PMJAY Scheme?
To provide convenient healthcare facilities for a poor section, the Scheme grants coverage of up to Rs.5 lakh per year for a family.
The health insurance under the PMJAY scheme covers the following benefits:
- Medical consultation and prescription.
- Pre & post-hospitalization services.
- Medicine bills expenses.
- Laboratory services.
- Hospitals room rent.
- Hospital food Meal services.
Below elements are not covered under the PMJAY scheme:
- Drug recovery expenses.
- All types of fertility treatment.
- Out-Patient Department expenses.
- Cosmetic surgery expenses.
- Any organ transplant.
Characteristics of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme:
- Financial support of a maximum of Rs.5 lakh to the family of beneficiaries.
- The scheme can be helpful to get all types of primary and secondary health-related services.
- The benefits of the scheme can be available at any government hospital.
- The target of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to poor and rural families.
- The scheme incorporates about 40% of the people who are poor and weak.
- It covers the expenses of the client during the hospitalization.
- The insurance renders a cashless hospitalization facility.
- The insurance scheme includes pre-existing health situations.
Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme:
- It facilitates all hospitalization expenses with cashless transactions to recipients.
- Accommodation during hospitalization.
- Pre and post-hospitalization expenses.
- Any complexities occurring throughout the treatment.
- A complete package for all family members.
- Pre-health problems are also covered from day one.
Eligibility Criteria for Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme
This scheme helps to cover the bottom & weaker section of the country. The eligibility is decided with the help of occupational standards of the urban and rural areas.
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana Eligibility rules have strict terms and conditions so that the needy people of the society get the maximum benefits.
PMJAY for Rural:
The Socio-Economic Caste Census 2011 includes the categorization of households based on their economic status. The rural households are classified on their seven deprivation criteria. Out of those, the scheme treats all recipients who come under at least one of six categories and are automatically considered as poor and weaker families.
- Families with just one room.
- No adult member in the family of age between 16 and 59 years.
- Disabled member in the family.
- ST and SC
- Landless families
- labor families
PMJAY for Urban:
Supporting the scheme, urban families can avail of this scheme if falls under the below category of occupation decided by the government.
Below are 11 categories of occupations that are eligible for the Scheme:
- Household worker
- Street Vendor
- Plumber or worker.
- Sweeper or security guard
- Tailor or driver
- Conductor, Cart or Rickshaw Pullers
- Caretakers, waiters
- Mechanics or Electrician
Who are not qualified To Avail of the PMJAY?
Following is the list of the persons who are not eligible for the PMJAY scheme:
- A person holds any vehicle( two-wheeler or four-wheeler)
- A person that holds a Kisan card.
- Any government employee.
- Those who keep a motorized fishing boat.
- Those who earn at least Rs10, 000 per month.
- The person owns more than 5 acres of property.
- A person has phones or fridges.
- Those who have properly constructed houses.
How to Register Online For PMJAY scheme?
The scheme provides healthcare facilities to the helpless sections of the population. While keeping the necessary conditions of the scheme, it does not include any registration process. To apply for Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme online, you have to discover if you are eligible for the scheme or not.
Here is the process of finding if you are eligible for the PMJAY Registration:
- Visit the OFFICAL website of PMJAY and click the “Am I Eligible” symbol.
- Insert your contact information
- Click on the “Generate OTP” icon.
- Select your state and search by your full name, mobile number, or Aadhar card number
- You can see on the screen if you are suitable for the government healthcare scheme.
- Also, you can contact with the helpline number – 1800-111-565
Documents necessary for Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme:
- Aadhaar Card or PAN card
- Details of your valid mobile number, Email address, and your permanent address.
- Caste proof certificate
- Income proof certificate
- Documents showing your current family status.