Ayushman Bharat Pradhan (Ayushman Bharat Pradhan) is a government- The Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, or PM-JAY, is a groundbreaking healthcare initiative launched by the Honourable Prime Minister. The program’s goal is to offer adequate and free health coverage to the neediest members of society, those who are economically disadvantaged. We include a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to apply for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana in this guide.
The salient features of Ayushman Bharat Yojana
Even today, almost 63 per cent of the Indian population pays for their own hospitalisation and healthcare costs. To pay for healthcare, the vast majority of Indian people deplete their savings, sell their properties, or take out large loans. The PM-JAY programme aims to make healthcare more accessible for all, particularly the most vulnerable members of society.
The central government’s PM-JAY initiative is a large-scale initiative. It is one of the biggest free healthcare programmes in the world. It aims to provide each qualifying person with free medical care worth up to Rs. 5 lakh per year. The aim of the initiative is to enrol nearly 50 million economically disadvantaged people in the formal healthcare system. The Prime Minister of India launched it on September 23, 2018.
- It provides a maximum sum assured of Rs. 5 lakhs for each individual for health insurance coverage in a year.
- It covers the costs of medical treatment, diagnostics, medicines, pre and posts hospitalisation expenses.
- It’s a paperless & cashless health insurance scheme available at all government hospitals and select private hospitals.
- The scheme’s beneficiaries do not have to pay any charges at empanelled hospitals – it’s totally cashless.
- Beneficiaries of the scheme can show their Ayushman Bharat Yojana e-card to get free healthcare services at any empanelled hospital in India.
How to apply for Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
There is no special enrolment process for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana since it is available to all qualified beneficiaries. The 2011 State-Economic-Caste-Census data is used to determine who is eligible. The first step in taking advantage of this scheme’s benefits is to determine your eligibility.
STEP 1: Eligibility Check
PM-JAY covers more than 10 crore economically disadvantaged households, totalling about 50 crore beneficiaries. According to the most recent SECC (State-Economic Caste Census) results, the beneficiaries include poor rural families and occupational urban workers and their families.
Here are a few ways to check your eligibility for Ayushman Bharat Yojana:
- Go to a nearby EHCP (Empanelled Health Care Provider) hospital. Check with the registration desk workers to see if you’re registered.
- Check your eligibility at any PM-JAY kiosk. To see if you’re a beneficiary, follow the on-screen instructions and enter the necessary information.
- Check your eligibility by calling the helpline numbers 1800-111-565 or 14555.
- Use the website “pmjay.gov.in” and select the “Am I eligible” button.
- Enter your mobile number, provide the captcha code, and generate OTP.
- Choose your state.
- Check for your name on the beneficiary list by entering your mobile number, ration card number, or HHD number.
- Once you provide the required details, you can get the results stating if you’re eligible for PM-JAY or not.
STEP 2: Generating the Patient Card
As previously mentioned, the PM-JAY is a cashless and paperless scheme. Qualified beneficiaries must present the PM-JAY e-card during hospital admission to receive the plan’s benefits at any network hospital in India. This e-card includes all of the patient’s details and can be used at any empanelled hospital in India.
After you’ve verified your eligibility for the scheme, you’ll need to create an e-card. It’s possible to do it both online and offline. Let’s take a look at how you can get your patient card.
Offline Process: After you’ve verified your eligibility, go to a nearby PMJAY kiosk. These kiosks can be found in places like government hospitals and district collector offices. The PMAM (Pradhan Mantri Arogya Mitra) in charge of the booth will use the BIS to check your identity and eligibility (Beneficiary Identity System). Your e-card (PM-JAY Golden Card) will be produced at this time.
Online Process: To generate the PM-JAY Golden card online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the official PM-JAY website (mera.pmjay.gov.in). Log in using your registered mobile number.
- Generate your HHD code (Household ID number).
The remaining steps must be done offline. Provide the CSC with the HHD code (Common Service Centre). Ayushman Mitra, a CSC representative, will assist you with the rest of the process. They will verify your information before issuing the Ayushman Bharat card. To receive the passport, you must pay Rs. 30.
What is covered under Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
It provides coverage of a maximum of Rs. 5 lakhs to eligible beneficiaries for the following:
- Medical examination, diagnostic tests, consultation, medical treatments, implants, intensive care, non-intensive care services, physician fees, and surgeries.
- Hospital room rent, food services, etc.
- Covid-19 treatment.
- Pre-hospitalisation expenses for up to 3 days.
- Post-hospitalisation expenses for up to 15 days.
- All pre-existing conditions are treated from day one.
- It provides coverage for around 1390+ medical procedures like angioplasty, prostate cancer, valve replacement, etc.
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana is a large-scale healthcare initiative that offers free medical treatment to the poor. It covers all members of qualifying families’ medical expenses. There are no limitations depending on the number of family members or their ages. You can get quality medical care at any empanelled public or private hospital across the country once you collect your Ayushman Bharat Patient Card.
To take advantage of the scheme’s various benefits, first, confirm your eligibility and then apply for the Ayushman Bharat Golden Patient Card.