This scheme provides welfare activities for trade-related services, it also enhances raw-material utilization, helps to create employment and entrepreneurship development, provide development and training of skill, development of domestic and export markets, etc.
The components present under Coir Vikas Yojana
- Welfare Measure (Group Personal Accident Insurance Scheme)
- Trade and Industry Related Functional Support (TIRFS)
- Domestic Market Promotion (DMP)
- Development of Production Infrastructure (DPI)
- Export Market Promotion (EMP)
- Skill Upgradation and Mahila Coir Yojana (MCY)
Objectives of the Coir Vikas Yojana Scheme
The major objectives of the CVY scheme are listed below:
- Establishing new state-of-the-art Coir Processing Units.
- Better usage of existing raw materials.
- Women get better employment opportunities. Emphasis is given to women who live in rural areas.
- Update existing coir units.
- Production of products that are of high value to customers.
- Adoption of eco-friendly techniques.
- Improve quality and productivity by modernizing the infrastructure facilities of the production units.
- Bringing up the industry in the areas which have potential.
- Bring in new generation entrepreneurs into the industry.
- Usage of information technology in the industry.
- Making the Coir Industry more competitive by implementing modern technology.
- Technology advancements to make the Coir Industry pollution-free.
Eligibility under the Coir Vikas Yojana scheme
As per the new coir producing units will be eligible for financial assistance under the scheme. Coir producing units that are registered under the Coir Board and have a Udyog Aadhaar will be able to avail financial assistance under this scheme. Only on completing 5 years of successful operation, can a new unit that has applied for assistance will be able to apply for assistance under modernization.