The leading stock broker in India is Sharekhan BNP Paribas. It was formed by SSKI Group in 2000 and was established in 2016 as a subsidiary of BNP Paribas. BNP Paribas is the world’s leading bank in Europe.
Sharekhan is one of the pioneers of the Indian equities market trading facilities for retail customers. Sharekhan also offers financial services such as investing in PMS, MF, IPO and bonds, advisory services, research reports, online education, NRI and more, for the online trading of equities, derivatives, foreign currency, commodity ownership and NSE, BSE, MCX and NCDEX.
SharekhanMumbai-based stock-broking company with the most reliable share-brokering brand name Industry with an industry number of 17, 00,000 customers and a presence in 585 cities with 2300 PAN India offices and franchisees.
SHAREKHAN BROKERAGE CHARGES
|Stock Intraday Trading||0.10% (per trade – buy or sell)|
|Stock Delivery||0.50% (per trade – buy or sell)|
Alternate (cheap) Option for Regular Traders: By trading with a discounts dealer like Zerodha, which charges a permanent dealer, you may save an enormous brokerage. Regardless of your trading volume, Zerodha charges flat Rs 20 per trade. This implies, even on deals with a volume of crores, you would pay flat Rs 20. No delivery brokerage.
SHAREKHAN ACCOUNT OPENING CHARGES & ANNUAL CHARGES
Currently, Sharekhan offers trading and demat account as per the tariff given below:
|ACCOUNT & CHARGE TYPE||AMOUNT|
|Trading Account Opening Fee||0|
|Demat Account Opening Fee||0|
|Trading Account Annual Maintenance Charges||0|
Annual Maintenance Charges
|Rs. 400 (Free for the 1st year
with Trading Account)
SHAREKHAN MARGIN / LEVERAGE/ EXPOSURE
|Stock Intraday Trading||10x (for A & B group stocks)|
|Stock Delivery||Up to 6.67x
(depending on the group)
The ‘Non-Cash’ limitations are also provided by Sharekhan. That is, if a minimum value is Rs. 1Lakh, you can trade using “Limit Against Shares” held on demat account. The non-cash limit you can use is 50% of the scripts in your Sharekhan demat account.
SHAREKHAN TRADING PLATFORMS
Sharekhan offers multiple platforms for trading
- Sharekhan Website: Sharekhan Trading Website offers supporting functions for trade, research, tracking and investment, e.g. dashboard, smart search, portfolio tracker.
- Sharekhan Mini: Even in poor internet speed conditions, you may visit Sharekhan Mini on your mobile browser. Sharekhan Mini is Sharekhan Website’s thumbnail version. Sharekhan Mini requires no application installation.
- Sharekhan App: Sharekhan App is a specialized app which enables investing on the move in trade and mutual funds. The Application supports diagrams and flexible search functions. For both Android and iOS smartphones, Sharekhan App is available.
- TradeTiger: TradeTiger is a desktop trading web-based platform that provides terminal functions for a broker. TradeTiger offers you a wide range of filtering and analytical capabilities in order to make easy stock selections in real time.
- Dial & Trade: “Dial & Trade” is a free service that supports limitless orders for you. The telemaker will help you to consult and execute the directions. You will need to use the dial and business facility with the phone identity (IVR code) and TPIN.
You may go with Sharekhan if you are an occasional investor and do not care about the brokerage fees. However, I recommend opening an account with Zerodha if you want to save money on the courtesy.