Credit cards are a convenient alternative to cash for making transactions both online and offline. For credit cards, there are two major perks. Second, even though you do not have enough funds in your bank account, you will continue to make transactions from them. Your credit card transactions come at zero additional cost, if you keep paying your credit card bill in full and by the due date. The second advantage is the benefit provided by credit cards in the form of rewards, cashbacks, etc.
WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE CREDIT CARDS?
Apart from providing ease of use, for the following reasons, it is important to have a credit card:
- Helps in building a good credit score;
- Up to 50 days of interest free credit limit;
- Hassle free transactions both online and offline;
- Comes with outstanding perks, cashbacks, discounts, deals, etc.
- Handy in emergency financial situations;
- To make broad ticket purchases and pay in simple EMIs later on; and
- As they need OTP & PIN authentication, all transactions are secure.
BENEFITS OF A CREDIT CARD
Cardholders will benefit from the following advantages that their credit card provides:
- Welcome Offers: These days, most credit cards come with welcome rewards in the form of gift coupons, discounts or reward points for bonuses.
- Reward Points or Cash Back: You collect reward points, air miles or direct cashback added to your account every time you make a purchase on your card. Gifts and merchandise can be used to redeem the accrued reward points, while cashback is directly added to your card account. At reduced rates, air miles can be used to book flight tickets.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: Almost all cards come with this advantage, in which the surcharge will be waived if you pay a certain amount if you refuel your vehicle.
- Airport Lounge Access: Certain credit cards also provide a certain amount of yearly free lounge visits at domestic and international airports. These advantages are especially provided by travel-centric cards and premium cards.
- Insurance: Credit cards also provide up to a certain amount of insurance and cover injuries. It may be coverage of an air crash, coverage of missing card liability or coverage of an overseas hospitalization.
- Cash Advance: Using your credit card, you can also withdraw money straight from an ATM. When you need some urgent cash, this is very helpful in times of emergency.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A CREDIT CARD?
Banks and financial institutions have made the application process very simple for consumers due to the growing demand for credit cards in the industry. Both online and off-line, you can apply for credit cards.
Nowadays, if you meet the eligibility criteria, it is easy to get a credit card. For this reason, you do not need to visit your bank branch; you can apply for a credit card online instead:
- You can visit the bank’s web portal and apply for a credit card by filling out some basic information such as name, email ID, contact number, salary, address, etc.
- You will get a call from a bank representative who will be leading you through the process.
- A representative will come to your doorstep to collect your required documents.
People who are not familiar with online application methods can directly visit the bank branch to apply for the same thing:
- Simply visit the branch and address the type of credit card you need.
- The representative will tell you about the cards that match your needs.
- You will then have to complete the application form and include some KYC documents, such as proof of identity, proof of address, etc.
- You will also be required to provide proof of income and two passport-sized photographs.